Official Blog site for the California Branch of the Clan Maclean International Association.
(A California Non Profit and IRS 501(c)(3))
This is our new interactive CMA CA Newsletter / Blog.
Would you like to meet
the Chief of the Clan Maclean?
He will be here September 4th – 7th 2015 to help us celebrate the
The Caledonian Club of San Francisco’s Sesquicentennial Scottish Highland Gathering and Games takes place at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton September 5 – 6, 2015
The Chief is coming!
Our Chief, Sir Lachlan, is coming to Pleasanton, CA for the 150th San Francisco Caledonian Club Highland Games being held over Labour Day weekend 2015. This is a fantastic and unique opportunity for you to meet our clan Chief without traveling to Scotland! It’s been a while since he visited our state. His last trip here, to California, was in 1993.
As you have heard, the California Association is putting together an exciting series of events to make sure you have opportunity to gather with kin and spend some time with Sir Lachlan.
Exclusive Whisky Tasting with the Chief Friday evening September 4th.
Saturday and Sunday September 5th and 6th: San Francisco Caledonian Club Highland Games at the MacLean tent.
– Saturday evening semi -formal dinner and dance, featuring Men of Worth.
– Sunday Evening board meeting for members of the California and Pacific North West Branch Associations
Monday September 7th (Labor Day) Visit to the Livermore Wine country, with wine tasting, a winery tour and lunch at a local Livermore Bistro we will have to ourselves. Costs are for the wine tasting and lunch.
Donations are needed.
The Association is fundraising to offset costs for the Chief’s visit. We are looking for donations large and small to assist us with this goal. Please send a tax-deductible donation to the Clan today. The Association is able to extend our appreciation for your generosity by offering the following:
Donations from $250 to $499: You will have the opportunity to purchase discounted dinner tickets. (2 max)
Donations from $500 -$999: You will receive complimentary dinner tickets (2 max), and an invitation to an exclusive whisky tasting with the Chief.
For those donating $1000 or more, you will receive complementary dinner tickets (4 max), receive an invitation to an exclusive whisky tasting with the Chief (Friday Evening), and will share a table with Sir Lachlan for dinner. (Limited seating)
*All donations to the California Association (California 5013C non-profit) are tax deductible.*
Additionally, donations can be made online via Square – https://squareup.com/market/clan-maclean-association-of-california
We have arranged a room block with the San Ramon Marriott, where our dinner is to be held at a nightly rate of $100 per night. There are a limited number of rooms available so do not wait to book your accommodations. Ask for the “Clan Maclean” room rate.
We are also seeking corporate sponsorships. We would love to support Maclean-owned businesses in the state! Please contact Mark Myers (925) 456-5453 to discuss sponsorship opportunities.
Friday Sept. 4th Private Whisky tasting – Limited to 30 attendees
– Donations over $500 receive a priority invitation to join the Chief for the tasting.
– Any remaining tickets will be made available for $35 each.
– Please call (925) 456-5453 if you wish to purchase tickets.
– Or purchase online – https://www.facebook.com/groups/clanmacleancalifornia/
Saturday Sept. 5th Ticket Sale Information
Dinner ticket sales will be available until Sept 1st.
– Tickets will be available for sale at the following locations:
o Online at https://squareup.com/market/clan-maclean-association-of-california
o By phone, please call (925) 456-5453. Leave a message with your name, ticket quantity and your phone number for confirmation.
o By US Mail. Please see order form at bottom of attachment.
– Ticket prices –
o Be one of the first to purchase tickets! The first fifty tickets sold will be $50 each. (20% discount – Online or Phone orders only)
o Dinner tickets are $65 each. Purchasable by mail [order form below] online, or at above listed games.
o Ticket sales for the dinner will end on Aug 28th or when we reach 200 attendees.
Monday Sept. 7th – Livermore Valley wine tasting and lunch
– Enjoy the wines from Nottingham Cellars, Occasio and Longevity with the wine makers available to answer questions and explain their craft.
o Tasting Fee of $10.00 will apply (reimbursed with purchase of wine)
o 20% club member discount applied with purchase of Nottingham Wines.
– Lunch will be held at Artistic Table Bistro in Livermore where a selection of specialty box lunches will be available for purchase as well as wine and local craft beer. Menu is attached.
– Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 456 5453
1. Please follow the California Association on Facebook –
https://www.facebook.com/groups/clanmacleancalifornia/ for more event
related updates and information.
2. The whisky tasting, dinner and Association AGM will be held at the San
Ramon Marriott. Ballroom and Hospitality suite information will be sent
out to those who have purchased tickets.
3. Clan Maclean Assocation has a room block (reservation code Clan
Maclean) for $100 per night during this weekend. Please call to confirm
and reserve. This is available until Aug 14th.
Mark Myers, President
Clan Maclean Association of California